COMBINATION STEAM OVEN – SLIDERS
Start by preparing the slide buns, whilst the buns are cooking prepare other components of the dish.
You may want to serve your slider with BBQ or tomato sauce.
If you want to make this recipe gluten free, try using potato flour instead of SR flour in the recipe. You will need to add a raising agent to get lift, such as bi carbonate soda.
115grams instant mashed potato
1 cup SR flour
½ cup cheese
2tsp Dijon mustard
1Tb olive oil
1tsp onion flakes (or you can buy onion flavoured instant mashed potato)
1Tb sesame seeds
1) Preheat oven to 190c quarter steam and heat /25% humidty. Line a large tray with baking paper.
2) Combine instant mashed potato, cheese, onion flakes and flour in a large bowl.
3) Whisk mustard, 1 Tablespoon oil and 220ml water in a jug.
4) Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to form a dough.
5) Divide dough evenly into 4 and roll into bun shape and place on metal tray, flatten slightly.
6) Mix egg yolk with 1 T water and brush mixture on top of buns, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
7) Bake for 17-20 mins or until golden and risen. Cool Slightly and cut in half horizontally, grill bun if desired.
400g Rump Steak
2 Rashers Bacon
1 Tomato – sliced thinly (cut slices in half)
2 T Oil (For frying)
1) Dice the beef and bacon into smaller pieces.
2) Process the beef and bacon in a food processor until finely chopped.
3) Shape mixture into 4 evenly sized ballens, flatten slightly.
4) Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a frying pan over medium heat and cook patties until golden on the inside.
5) Thinly slice tomato – set aside
2 T Parsley
2 T whole egg mayonnaise (mixed with
1 t Water
- Assemble the food processor with the shred attachment put the cabbage through the processor.
- Switch attachment to grate, put carrot, pickles and parsley through the food processor.
- Mix water and egg together.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, toss to combine.
- Top each bun with coleslaw, a slice of tomato and meat patty. Top with lids and secure with a toothpick