Steamed mussels with white wine and cream, chilli optional
4 cloves garlic
3 sprigs parsley
150ml white wine
1 Birdseye chilli (optional)
8 slices toasted crusty bread
3 sprig parsley
- Pre heat combination steam oven to full steam.
- Remove beard from mussels allow sitting in cold water for 3 minutes rinse thoroughly.
- Place mussels in a deep dish and sprinkle with garlic, shallot, parsley, salt and pepper (optional Birdseye chili), Drizzle over the wine and cream sauce.
- Steam for 12-18minutes until all mussel shells open (do not eat the mussels that do not open).
- Serve in 4 bowls, sprinkle with parsley, add a lemon wedge and crusty bread and butter.
For Thai flavoured mussels try using a 400ml can of coconut milk (no cream), chilli and lemongrass
For Spanish flavoured mussels use a can of tomatoes (no cream) and chorizo
For Italian flavoured mussels use a 400ml can of tomatoes (omit cream) and add 1Tb of mixed basil and oregano
For a more filling meal, cook up 100grams of pasta per person and toss the sauce and mussels through the pasta.