4 rashers bacon
400g mushrooms (mixture of button and Swiss brown works best)
2 cloves garlic
400ml thickened cream
1 sprig parsley
80g Parmesan to serve
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil with 1Tb salt added to water.
- Finely chop mushrooms, bacon, parsley and shallots. Crush garlic.
- Place butter into a non-stick fry pan over a medium heat and allow butter to melt.
- Add bacon, garlic and mushrooms and cook for 6 minutes.
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions.
- In the final 4 minutes of the pasta cooking, add cream to the mushroom mixture and allow to thicken on a low heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finely chop parsley.
- Drain pasta add to cream sauce, toss through to ensure all pasta is evenly coated.
- Serve on individual plates with a sprinkle of parmesan and parsley