2T soft brown sugar
1tsp ground cinnamon
1Tb lemon zest
20g butter, melted
10 sheets filo pastry
50g butter, melted
1 cup sugar
2 T honey
pink Persian fairy floss
- Place the walnuts, sugar, cinnamon, honey, lemon zest and butter into small bowl of a food processor, and pulse until finely chopped.
- Remove one sheet of filo and cover the rest to prevent drying out. Place the sheet of filo onto workbench and brush with melted butter, place another sheet of pastry on top.
- Cut sheet into 2 strips for large fingers or 2 strips for smaller fingers.
- Divide mixture into 10, and shape into a log, it should be 2/3 of the length of the pastry. Place a log of mixture in the centre of the pastry.
- Fold edges over the nut mixture, brush length of pastry with butter roll.
- Cut the sheet into 3 strips and place a heaped teaspoon of filling close to the front edge of pastry. Roll up, tucking in the edges. Place on a grease tray and brush with melted butter.
- Repeat until all filling is used.
- To make the syrup, combine the sugar, honey and ½ cup water in a small pan. Stir over low heat, without boiling, until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Bring to the boil, and then simmer for 5 mins.
- Pour over cooked fingers, serve with fairy floss.