This dish is so quick and simple you will never get it from the take out store again. You can cut each piece of chicken into nugget sized pieces if you prefer. I serve this dish with a big bowl of steamed greens. You could easily serve this dish with a side of rice. The benefit of using cornflour is this dish is gluten free!
2 chicken breasts
1Tb Dry Sherry
2Tb soy sauce
½ tsp salt
Oil for frying
¼ cup cornstartch
½ tsp baking powder
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup honey
1 cup chicken stock
3tb lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1 lemon sliced
2tb vegetable oil
salt and pepper
Garnish: chopped shallots
- Slice chicken in half horizontally, so you will have 4 thin slices of chicken breast.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, sherry, soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix together, cover and refrigerate. Let marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs, 1/4 cup corn-starch and baking powder to form a batter.
- Remove chicken from marinade and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place vegetable oil in fry pan on a medium heat
- Dip chicken in the batter to coat.
- Place chicken into fry pan and fry until golden brown and turn over and repeat for the other side, do this for each piece of chicken breast.
- In a medium bowl combine the sugar, honey, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, lemon juice and 1 pinch salt, mix together until their are no lumps add stock and lemon slices. In the fry pan that you cooked the chicken pieces in place lemon sauce, on a medium heat bring the sauce to a gentle simmer.
- Pour sauce over chicken, sprinkle with shallots and serve.