COMBINATION STEAM OVEN JAFFA BUTTERMILK CUPCAKES
I find using Buttermilk keeps my muffins more moist and gives them a little extra tang. The buttermilk is a perfect, slightly acidic, addition to a citrus sweet.
375grams SR flour
165grams caster sugar
1 egg, whisked
1tsp vanilla essence
160grams butter, softened.
1TB orange zest
1TB orange juice
250 grams dark chocolate melts
1/3 cup cream
- Heat combination steam oven to 200oC quarter steam and heat/ 25% humidity.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray, I used silicone bakeware.
- Measure the buttermilk, and stand aside (this will prevent the butter hardening up later).
- Cream together, butter, sugar, vanilla and orange zest, add egg and orange juice and stir to combine, alternatively add flour and Buttermilk, mixture should appear slightly lumpy.
- Divide mixture evenly into 12 hole muffin tin and bake for 15minutes or until evenly browned.
- Whilst cooking prepare ganache, by heating cream and pouring over chocolate until chocolate has melted. If chocolate does not melt completely, oven a gentle heat or double boiler heat until melted.
- Once cupcakes are cool to touch, individually dip into ganache and sprinkle with orange zest.
Left over ganache keep well in the refrigerator, can be re-heated and tastes amazing on ice-cream !