COMBINATION STEAM OVEN RECIPE, BEST EVER LEMONADE SCONES
My secret for lemonade scones, don’t over work the dough and use diet lemonade.
3 Cups SR flour
1 cup diet lemonade
1 cup thickened/heavy cream
Additional thickened cream, whipped with a touch of icing sugar and vanilla
Scrumptious jam of your choice
- Preheat combination oven to quarter steam/100% humidity. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl sift flour, make a well in the centre. Combine cream and lemonade, add to the flour. Using a knife cut the flour through the liquid.
- Sprinkle a touch of flour onto a clean bench top and gently press the dough to 2cm/1 inch thick.
- Using a scone cutter to cut 12 even round scone disks from the dough, if necessary reform the dough and press to 2cm/1inch thick, continue until there is no dough remaining.
- Place onto baking tray, lightly spray with oil, bake for 12-15 minutes until scones are golden brown.
- Serve with Jam and cream.
Omit the sugar from the cream and this recipe has a low sugar count and maybe suitable for diabetics.