600grams grass fed whole eye fillet
2 bunches dutch carrots
12 chat potatoes
2 cloves garlic
5Tbuii seeded mustard
300ml thickened cream
- Pre-heat oven to quarter steam and heat 180c.
- Place vegetables the bottom of deep dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper, chop garlic and scatter over vegetables, drizzle with 1Tb olive oil, place into oven and cook whilst sealing meat.
- In a large non stick pan, place 1 tb of olive oil, on a high heat seal the meat on all sides.
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper, lightly spread ½ the mustard on the meat. Place the temperature probe into the meat and set to desired temperature, see cook’s notes.
- Finely chop the shallot, place into the fry pan you sealed the meat in, add the butter, cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes until shallot softens. Add the mustard, stir, allow to heat through, gradually add the cream stirring as you go, simmering on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, sprinkling with salt and pepper.
Allow meat to rest for approx. 10minutes, depending on how you like your vegetables they can stay in the oven to crunch up or allowed to rest with the meat. Slice meat into 1.5cm slices, serve on a bed of vegetables. Serve with lashings of sauce.
Whilst the meat is resting, steam some green vegetables to go with your roast.
For red meat
50-60C – RARE
60- 65C – MEDIUM
65-75C – WELL DONE