Make 12 muffin sized puddings
1 cup dates
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
30 grams butter (softened)
1/4 white sugar
1/4 brown sugar
3/4 self raising flour
Preheat steam oven or steamer to full steam.
1. Cover dates with boiling water.
2. Cream butter and sugar for 2 minutes.
3. Add egg, whisk together and flour.
4. Drain dates, add bicarbonate of soda, add to mix and whisk.
5. Spray a silicone muffin tray with canola oil, place onto a biscuit tray, divide mixture evenly.
6. Place into oven, cook for 12 minutes.
While cooking prepare the sauce
1cup brown sugar
30 grams butter
1. Place ingredients into a small saucepan, on a medium heat bring to the simmer.
Serve puddings warm, swimming in caramel sauce