Combination steam oven, Dumplings
Pork and shallot dumplings
500grams pork mince
4 shallots chopped
2 garlic cloves
2 sprig coriander
1tsp sesame oil
1 pinch powdered ginger
24 wonton wrappers
¼ cup soy sauce
1 small red chilli
1cm piece ginger
- Preheat combination oven to full steam/100% humidity.
- Finely chop, coriander, garlic, shallots.
- In a bowl place mince, add sesame oil, garlic, coriander, shallots, salt, pepper and ginger, mix until well combined.
- Fill a small bowl with water. Line a perforated steam tray with baking paper, place a few slits/holes in the baking paper.
- Dip a wonton wrapper into water, place a 2cm ball of the filling mixture into the centre of the wonton wrapper and bring each corner up to meet in the centre, press down gently, place onto the baking paper and repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Place tray of dumplings into the combination steam oven and steam for 12minutes.
- Whilst dumplings are cooking, thinly slice the shallot and chilli on the diagonal, finely grate the ginger. In a small bowl combine the dipping sauce ingredients stir and set aside.
- Serve dumplings on a large share plate and drizzle with dipping sauce.
If you do not like spicy food omit the chilli.
Try other flavour combinations such as chicken and garlic, lamb and coriander, pork and chive.