This delicious tart has the velvety smoothness of ricotta cheese, with the crunch of the nuts in the basil pesto, as you cut through the smooth layer of ricotta and pesto you crack the layers of light, fluffy and crunchy puff pastry. Each mouthful has a fabulous combination of flavours and textures, the sharpness of the basil cuts through the creaminess of the ricotta.
Adding a little steam to the cooking process creates, light, fluffy and golden pastry.
1 piece puff pastry
4Tb basil pesto
12 Tb ricotta cheese
8 cherry tomatoes
Salt and pepper
Side salad to serve (if desired)
- Preheat combination steam oven to 180oC, quarter steam and heat /25% humidity.
- Line a large baking sheet with baking paper and spray with oil spray.Cut tomatoes into quarters, finely chop shallots.
- Cut Pastry into 4 even squares, place onto bake sheet. Place 1Tb basil pesto in the centre of each square, spread out leaving a 1cm edge, sprinkle with shallots. Place 3Tb ricotta cheese on each square and spread out leaving a 1cm edge. Scatter cherry tomatoes on top of each tart, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in preheated combination steam oven for 15minutes.
- Serve with a side salad if desired.